A word about Cornwall











I didn't choose Cornwall. Cornwall chose me. Before I came here I'd had no idea what I could expect. I'd remembered this county as a 'famous tourist destination' - which I'd read in EasyEnglish educational magazine many years ago. Even now when I close my eyes I can see that page with fantastic sunny pictures of heavenly beaches and beautiful slim girls in skimpy bikinis.




Well, Cornwall is interesting...Problaby more interesting than the rest of England or even whole United Kingdom. It must be because the British can't stop praising this region :) I must admitt that there are some beautiful places worth seeing. Only if it wasn't so wet in here :(

What can you visit in Cornwall if you decide to come here for holiday? Two most famous resorts - Newquay and St Ives which are located on the ocean. I haven't visited them yet so I can't tell anything about them. Just waiting for spring to go on some trips and then I will post photos and write more about these towns.
In the pictures above you can see Falmouth where I lived before. Quite plesant town to visit during holiday, however, beaches are not as nice as Polish ones. We're used to sandy beaches. These here are more stony than sandy with lots of seaweed. They are always wet because of constant tides. Ocean water is very cold, even in mid summer. There are lots of people sunbathing from June until September but not many in water unless they put on foam suits.

What I really like in Cornwall are flowers! Flowers grow here for the whole year because there is no frost in winter. And they are different from those in Poland.
















I forgot to place Cornwall on map for you. This is where Cornwall in located - south-west of England.







What do you know about Cornwall? Have you ever been here? Or maybe visiting south-west od England is your dream? I'm interested in your opinions :)

Take care!


Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

'I wake up early ' - Present Simple

English idioms you must know!

Valentine's Day - IDIOMS & Top Ten British romantic movies