Trebah Garden in winter






Last weekend I visited Trebah Garden - rated in 80 finest gardens in the world. Bristish gardens are their national proud. I'm not surprised as they are really unique.
Trebah is located in Mawnam Smith, next to Falmouth. With over four miles footpath it is a great place for a nice walk with a family even in mid winter. Having entered the garden, you may buy a local souvenir at an inside small market, then have English lunch at the cafe.










Now, it's time for a big walk! But firstly, we need to throw a coin onto a leaf of Gunnera Manicata - fountain in the form of a huge plant which grows in Trebah Garden in spring and summer season. 








Off we go for a walk! 

'Trebah offers visitors a year round experience. In spring, Trebah comes alive with a colourful array of 100-year-old rhododendrons, magnolias and camellias; in summer, the giant gunnera is a must see for young and old. In autumn, Hydrangea Valley casts clouds of china blue and soft white across Mallard Pond and in winter, our spectacular champion trees dominate the landscape, whist plants from the southern hemisphere flower.' (source: http://www.trebahgarden.co.uk).














Trebah Garden is very interesting and delightful even in winter as most plants are still green but I can't wait going back there in spring when it looks like this:




The footpath leads to Trebah Beach which is the most interesting beach in the area. Typically rocky beach with clear water, not much seaweed and even a small grotto. 
Looks wonderful :)




















Do not forget about children who may get bored with only admiring nature :) There are also atractions only for youngsters - a huge slide-tube, rope lift or monkey bars. 





We got home after a few hour walk and play exhausted which means it was a well spent day :) 

How did you spend your weekend? Have you ever beed in one of British gardens?

Take care!


Komentarze

  1. Hi Camilla, I really like your initiative. For me, it's great to recall the memories of a year spent in Cornwall. I am glad that you have created this blog; thanks to your idea, I got an opportunity to hold a sentimental journey to this charming region in the UK. Reading your thoughts, I try to think of places where you are, and render their atmosphere in my mind. Cornwall has a charm hard to express; I think that it is best to slowly discover beauty of these places and people. I wish you lots of satisfaction of staying in this lovely place and many positive experiences. Have fun!
    Adam

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Hi Adam :) I'm glad that thanks to my blog your thoughts may go back to Cornwall at least for a while. I hope you'll say with me and share your memories and knowledge about this regions with others.

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

'I wake up early ' - Present Simple

English idioms you must know!

Valentine's Day - IDIOMS & Top Ten British romantic movies