Polish and British artists at Women's Day Festival







On the occasion of International Women's Day I went to see an art exhibition as well as music festival organised by Fish Factory in Falmouth and W.A.N.K. (Women's Art Network Kernow). I have just found out that Kernow means Cornwall in Cornish language :)

Obviously, all artists, whose pictures and other pieces of art we could admire and whose songs we were pleased to hear, were women. Mostly from Cornwall and Poland but also from other parts of the United Kingdom. Our Polish representatives were artists from Pomerania: Elżbieta Tęgowska, Magdalena Nowak, Urszula Dulewicz and Anna Sokolska. 

Photos from the event below. Enjoy!








Elżbieta Tęgowska 

 For more information about this artist from Gdansk click here:  Elżbieta Tęgowska . 




Africa VI;  Africa I;  Untitled. Elżbieta Tęgowska; technique: ink and quill




Africa I, Elżbieta Tęgowska




Untitled, Elżbieta Tęgowska





Magdalena Nowak





Man I, Magdalena Nowak; technique: mixed media





Man II, Magdalena Nowak; technique: mixed media





Man III, Magdalena Nowak; technique: mixed media





Urszula Dulewicz





1. I and my Dragon II; 2. Untitled. Anna Sokolska





1. I and my Dragon I; 2. My blue friend. Anna Sokolska






Sensation in Osborne and Little, Ara Sisters





Rachel Ara 

For more Rachel's work visit her website Rachel Ara .





The Grip in Farrow and Ball,  Ara Sisters





Superstar, Rachel Ara





Beautiful abstraction: Delia Derbyshire. Faye Dobinson; technique: oil on panel






Nasty gal: Betty Davis. Faye Dobinson; technique: oil on panel






Future feminist: Antony Hegarty. Faye Dobinson; technique: oil on canvas







Alchemical revolution: Joan as policewoman. Faye Dobinson;        
technique: mixed media on canvas





Amabam Amare, Arabella Pio







Mammary gland, Claire Elisabeth Platt 

view more of her work at her website: Claire Platt 





Untitled, Rebecca D Harris







Invisible, Christina Romero Cross 

For more info about the artist click: christina romero .





                 Untitled (Red Tights),Rebecca D Harris 






                Untitled (Skewered). Rebecca D Harris











  Untitled (Red MRI), Rebecca D Harris

More information about this controversial artist and her work on her facebook: Rebecca Harris .




While the exhibition visitors could also watch a Stacey Gurthie's film titled 'Good girls don't wear trousers'.  To see the movie click Film







Let's move on to music artists who performed on the 8th of March on Fish Factory stage. Unfortunately, I missed the first singer's performance but I found some pieces of her output on you tube. Listen to Olive Haigh - Indie-folk autoharpist singer.









Next artist was Sarah Harrison, singing beautiful moody songs and accompanying herself on ukulele.










And June Stevenson (a Scottish singer), whose CD I bought as her voice and songs delighted me.










Ta-ta for now!
Enjoy the spring!




Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

'I wake up early ' - Present Simple

English idioms you must know!

Valentine's Day - IDIOMS & Top Ten British romantic movies