Old things new life







What do you usually do with old unnecessary things? When I lived in Poland I used to throw everything away. It was the easiest and most convenient way to get rid of all stuff I did't need anymore.

The British love flea markets, car boots and charity shops - places where they can sell and buy used items for little money.They rarely throw things out . Instead of putting old clothes, dishes, trinkets, books, toys, pieces of furniture, jewellery etc. into rubbish bin the'd rather sell them and give old things new life. Isn't it wonderful that something completely worthless for me may be valuable for someone else? And the other way. A seller may earn a few pounds and we may get a thing that we're just looking for but don't want to spend much money on it. Everybody's happy and, what's the most important, we do not produce somuch garbage.



British people love flea markets so much that they're able organize them everywhere, even in a mouse hole :) Or in an old fish factory, where I recently got, being in Falmouth.









.


The building doesn't look friendly either form the outside or inside, but buyers don't care about inconvenience if they have an occasion to buy a gem for a song.


















I must admitt I'm not a habitue of flea markets or car boots but I know people who love specific atmosphere of these places and can't imagine life without walking along stalls and searching valuabes among the garbage ;)


What do you think about this way of getting rid of old stuff and purchase new items for a bargain?
Are flea markets popular in your area?

Cheerio!




Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

'I wake up early ' - Present Simple

English idioms you must know!

Valentine's Day - IDIOMS & Top Ten British romantic movies