Welcome!




Hey! 


'When in Rome, do as the Romans do' is one the most popular English proverbs but because I'm not in Rome (I wish!) the title of my blog has been a little bit modified into 'When in Britain, do as the British do...? Why with the question mark - someone may ask. Hmm... being here for a while, I'm not sure if I want to DO as the Bristish do ;) 

But firstly, I'll introduce myself and write who my blog is dedicated to. 


I'm Polish. I'm a teacher. Teacher of English by profession. I worked in primary school, language school and as a private tutor. I think teaching is something I've always wanted to do. As a child I used to force my sister and cousin to sit at a desk and watch me conducting a lesson. Now I work as a teaching assistant in English schools (who a TA is you will get to know from further posts). 

Because I miss Poland, Polish clever children and teaching English as a foreign language I decided to run this blog. It may be educational for Polish (but not only) students wanting to improve their skills. I will write here about English culture, customs, food, celebrations, everyday life or English absurds. Yes, yes, there are lots of absurds in UK, probably as many as in Poland ;) Everything based only on my observations. I will post photos showing beautiful places I visited or planning to visit, or photos of funny situations observed where I live. As a real teacher I'm going to mention of grammar and language constructions that you've never learnt at school and you never will. From time to time I will recommend you some valuable films, books, programmes that can help you practise your English. 

There's so much to tell and post that I need to share million of my thoughts with someone. I hope you will enjoy reading me.

Ciao!



Komentarze

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

'I wake up early ' - Present Simple

English idioms you must know!

Valentine's Day - IDIOMS & Top Ten British romantic movies