Phrasal verb - LOOK




English language is regarded as one of the easiest languages to learn, but some learners may find it quite tricky at times because of  many meanings for one word. Because of phrasal verbs as well. What are phrasal verbs?



a phrasal verb = a verb + a preposition


Phrasal verbs are rather informal, so one should avoid using them in formal pieces of writing (formal letter for instance). But they are commonly used in everyday conversations so it's definitely good to get to know at least those most popular.


Mimo tego, że język angielski uważany jest za jeden z najłatwiejszych, niektórym sprawia on trudności ze wzgledu na wielonaczeniowosc słów. Także ze wzgledu na phrasal verbs (czasowniki frazowe). Czym jest czasownik frazowy? Jest to kombinacja zwykłego czasownika np. look, go, put itp. z przyimkiem np. up, down, through, away ....

Czasowników frazowych powinno się unikać w formalnych formach pisemnych (np.listach formalnych). Za to są bardzo popularne i powszechnie używane potocznie, w codziennych rozmowach. Warto zatem poznac te najbardziej popularne z nich.


In this post you will learn several common phrasal verbs with the verb LOOK




***

 Look at the mind map and study the meanings of the following phrasal verbs. Then go on to the example sentences and check if the phrasal verbs were used correctly in them.








Polish equivalents:






Examples:










My best friend often looks after my daughter when I need to stay at work late.







I looked in just to say hello!





If you don't know what this word means, look up in a dictionary!







I know I can always look to my friends when I'm in trouble.





I'm looking for a job as a teacher so if you know about a vacancy, please, let me know.



I've brought you some magazines with good recipes. Look them through in your free time.












Look out! A car is coming!




Michael thinks about his career a lot. He always looks ahead a few years.




 I look forward to Euro 2016. I'm going to France then!













My girlfriend looked on me with suspicion when I was late from work.








Which phrasal verb would you like to get to know next time? I'm waiting for your suggestions in comments :)


Jaki czasownik frazowy chcielibyście poznać nastepnym razem? Czekam na Wasze propozycje w komentarzach :)

Cheerio!


Komentarze

  1. świetnie wytłumaczone, dziękuje

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Dziekuje bardzo. Cieszę się, że post okazał sie przydatny :)

      Usuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

'I wake up early ' - Present Simple

English idioms you must know!

Valentine's Day - IDIOMS & Top Ten British romantic movies